As this school year comes to a close, it’s amazing to think of all that’s been accomplished. Some of this year’s highlights include:
- The new Mimi Mayes Gymnatorium was opened.
- An archery and volleyball program was launched.
- Several new after-school enrichment programs were added.
- Parent committees for Events, Campus Pride, After-School Enrichment Programs, and a Booster Club were formed.
- Monthly Coffee Connection gatherings were introduced.
- Special efforts to improve school communications were made such as our new Knights News newsletter, weekly campus updates, and increased text and social media communications.
- A Parent Resources section was added to the SBCA website.
- Weekly chapel services are now held.
- All of the campus buildings were painted to match the new gymnatorium.
- Campus parking was improved.
- Several new events have been planned and hosted such as our Daddy-Daughter Dance and Mother-Son Campout.
- A Board of Directors Academic Review Committee has been developed.
- A Board of Directors Nominating Committee has been established to fill vacancies on the Board of Directors and the position of Secondary Principal/Head of School.
We have been actively planning for the upcoming school year by investing time reviewing all of our school policies and procedures. A new Admissions Requirements Policy has been added along with a Search and Seizure Policy and Grievance Resolution Policy & Procedures. The Admissions Requirements Policy was added to establish standard criteria used to determine admissions; the Search and Seizure Policy was added to establish a policy for reasonable school searches; and the Grievance Resolution Policy & Procedures were added to provide guidelines for grievance resolution.
Changes were made to the following policies which will affect the 2019/2020 school year.
- Tuition Refund Policy
- The changes include the addition of the Biblical definition of marriage.
- Statement of Faith
- More clear parameters for the instances in which refunds can be issued are provided.
The new policies and changes to existing policies are available in a separate blog post ( ) with all changes indicated in red. All policies (including the new and updated ones) can also be found in our SBCA Student/Parent Handbook available on the Parent Resources page of our website or can be directly downloaded at: https://www.southbaldwinca.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/SBCA-Student-Handbook-4-2019-VII.pdf
As always, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have about these changes. We also encourage you to attend our upcoming Coffee Connection event this Friday, May 3rd at 8 a.m. if you would like to connect with us about these changes.
I want to thank you, parents, for your support. We couldn’t provide the level of educational excellence we commit ourselves to without a good school/home partnership.
Please keep us in prayer this summer as we continue working hard to make all the necessary preparations for next year.
Head of School