I am excited about the upcoming school year at SBCA. My family and I have spent the month of July living in Fairhope. On one of my morning commutes, I was thinking about what our theme should be for the 2019-2020 school year. I knew we would be experiencing change and through that change, we would grow. I mentioned to Mrs. Cranston that I was thinking our theme should be “Growing Up.” She immediately thought of Luke 2:52, “And Jesus matured, growing up in both body and spirit, blessed by both God and people.” We decided that “Growing Up” would be our theme.
We want our school to be filled with teachers, students, and parents that are following the example of Jesus, growing up in body and spirit. To accomplish this, the administration team has been busy this month. In addition to the normal preparations for the 2019-2020 school year, we have been working on several key areas that will provide a space conducive for growth.
- Installing a new front door with an electronic lock and camera
- Installing a Raptor School Security System
- Installing additional security cameras on campus
- Installing a new fence around the perimeter of the campus
- Updating texts and teacher resources
- Adopting a new Bible curriculum
- Creating new Middle and High School Enrichment Courses
- Expanding our use of Curriculumtrak
- Human Resources
- Hiring new teachers and administration
- Creating a New Teacher Induction process
- Designing a Professional Development Plan for all teachers
- Creating a designated Campus Prayer Walk
- Establishing our athletic offerings
- Partnering with local ministry groups to enhance spiritual healing and growth
This summer I have been blessed by God through the people he has called to serve at SBCA. I look forward to “Growing Up” this year as we pursue our mission to Discover God’s Plan and Educate with Excellence.
Interim Head of School