Elementary chapel students learned more about the life of Jesus and several different Bible stories during February including: the ten plagues, Zaccheus, and Jonah. The fruit of the Spirit is also being taught. Worship, interactive Bible lessons, object lessons and more are a part of our weekly chapel services. A brief overview of the lessons for each of the February services is below. We encourage our parents to review these lessons with your children to reemphasize the Biblical principles being taught at school.
- The Life of Jesus: The Parable of the Mustard Seed
- K3 – 4th Grade: Chapel leader Jessie Williams opened the service opened with worship and praise (No Longer Slaves, Bethel Music) followed by an object lesson demonstrating the size of a mustard seed and a message about Jesus’ Parable of the Mustard Seed. All students were provided with their very own mustard seed to take home with them to remind them that even a tiny seed of faith can on your life and the lives of others.
- The Ten Plagues
- K3 – K5: Students learned about the Ten Plagues of Egypt and how God sent the plagues to convince Pharaoh to set the Hebrews free. The chapel service leader, Mrs. Heidi, helped children visualize the 6th plague (boils) by having them place stickers all over themselves.
- K3 – K5: The Biblical reenactment of this story was acted out by Mrs. Chambliss to help students visualize the heart change Zaccheus experienced through meeting Jesus. Students all received coins at the beginning of the service that “Zaccheus” (Mrs. Chambliss) went around the room and took from them. The service concluded with “Zaccheus” giving their coins back, plus four more than they had originally been given ( But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” ~ Luke 19:8).
- K3 – K5: Mrs. Felicia’s desk was transformed into a whale for this reenactment of the story of Jonah. Students enjoyed hearing the story of Jonah acted out and received a Jonah and the whale cup game to help them remember the Bible story.
- Fruit of the Spirit
- 1st – 4th Grade: Students have been learning about what the fruit of the Spirit is and how Jesus works in the lives of believers to produce this fruit. So far, students have learned about the fruit of love and joy.
Students will spend the month of March learning more about the life of Jesus, fruit of the Spirit, and people of the Bible.