Next Wednesday, Aug. 12th, is our first day of the 2020-2021 school year and we look forward to welcoming our families back to school! Parents, please make sure to mark the following dates on your calendar:
- Meet the Teacher Night, 8/10: A sign-up for this event was available at registration. If you haven’t already signed-up, we encourage you to call our front office at (251) 968-1230 to complete your registration for the 2020-2021 school year and reserve your appointment for Meet the Teacher Night.
- New Family Orientation, 8/10: New and existing families are encouraged to watch our New Family Orientation video that will be posted on our official SBCA social media channels (Facebook, Instagram & YouTube) on August 10th. Our administration will offer an overview of school policies, procedures, and other important information.
Again, please be aware that your child’s return to school will look a little different this year as we are taking every precaution to keep our families safe and healthy. Reminders about what you can expect the first week of school are listed below:
- School drop-off takes place from 7:45 a.m. – 8 a.m. Parents are being asked to remain inside their vehicles during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up to help reduce the number of people on our campus at one time. Please be assured that our dedicated staff will make sure that all of our students arrive at their classrooms safely.
- Parents of pre-school students who would like to walk their child to their class during the first two weeks of school will be provided with a special Pre-School Parking Drop-Off Zone (located next to the SBCA Administrative Office). All parents must wear a face mask and have their temperature taken with their child at the entry gate. Parents are asked not to enter the classroom.
- A staff member will take your child’s temperature with a touchless thermometer while still inside the vehicle. Again, please remain inside your vehicle while our staff completes your child’s temperature check. Our staff is happy to help small children who need assistance exiting the vehicle.
- All visitors to our campus will be required to successfully complete a self-screening questionnaire before entering our front office.
- Teachers will be helping to reinforce our SBCA Return to School Safely Plan by encouraging students to follow the guidelines included in the plan.
SBCA Return to School Safely Plan: To view all current guidelines and procedures we’re using to keep our families safe and healthy, please take some time to review our SBCA Return to School Safely Plan.
School Supplies: For those of you who haven’t already purchased school supplies, please visit our supply lists page to download your child’s school supply list.
Lunch Orders: Please plan on packing a lunch for your child during the first week of school (Aug. 12 – 14). K5 – 12th grade students will be able to purchase individually packaged hot meals beginning the second week of school (i.e. the week of Aug. 17th). Lunch orders can now be placed on Sycamore for the month of August. Please place your order at least 2 weeks in advance for the month. Click here to view the August Lunch Menu.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have issues logging into Sycamore, need help completing registration, or have any questions before school starts. See you soon!