By: William “Buzz” Lance, Head of School
Welcome back to school, everyone! I hope you had a joyful and restful Christmas break.
Thinking back on 2021, I couldn’t be prouder of the new heights South Baldwin Christian Academy (SBCA) has reached.
God’s blessing is on our school, and we saw many victories last year:
- Our student body grew by 28% and we welcomed 25 new families to our school. Preschool, in particular, saw wonderful growth.
- Our various sports programs experienced some of the best athletic performances and highest spectator turnout I’ve ever seen.
- Our academic rigor resulted in one high school student who scored a 33 on the ACT test, and another has been admitted to Brown University.
- Our spiritual formation program took students to minister to communities ravaged by Hurricane Ida.
- Our grounds and facilities enjoyed many upgrades, including and especially our beautiful new playground.
I’ve also loved looking at our school’s social media channels, where SBCA parents regularly give us inspiring feedback.
We’re encouraged that one parent expressed her family is “blessed beyond measure that [our student] attends South Baldwin Christian Academy.”
Still another declared,
“Phenomenal school!!! Staff is off the charts…Best Value in the region. GUARANTEED!”
For SBCA families, next school year’s re-enrollment begins in February. For your convenience, your student will be automatically re-enrolled unless you direct us otherwise. With inflationary costs rising everywhere, we’re happy to say that we’ve been able to keep K-12 tuition increases to just $20/month. Preschool’s increase will be even less.
This year, we have so much to look forward to, and I’m excited to see what this new year brings. Teachers, students and families alike can’t wait for:
- A fun finish to our exciting basketball season
- New interactive screens in some of our classrooms
- Missions week next month
- Read Across America and our annual Daddy-Daughter Dance this spring
- …and more!
Thank you, everyone, for being a special part of what God is doing at SBCA. With your school-home partnership, we’re not only educating students with excellence in a safe and caring environment, but we’re also helping them reach their full potential and discover the plans that God has for their lives.