South Baldwin Christian Academy (SBCA) is a community-based Christian school that serves grades Pre-K3 – 12. Our mission is to provide a Christian education with academic excellence in a safe, caring environment that allows students to achieve their full potential and discover God’s plan for their lives.
SBCA has a total enrollment of 172 students and employs 25 qualified and experienced staff members.
Our campus utilizes approximately 4.5 acres of a 9-acre parcel providing room to grow. The campus contains an administrative building, four classroom buildings, and a new gymnatorium located directly on Hwy. 59 between Foley and Gulf Shores.
SBCA is accredited with AdvancED, the National Council of Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS).
South Baldwin Christian Academy (SBCA) is currently seeking candidates for the Secondary Principal position for the 2019-2020 school year. This position is responsible for the Middle and High School and will work closely with the Elementary Principal. Due to a growing student body, expanding enrichment and credit classes, and more extra curricula offerings, SBCA is increasing its leadership structure to a Secondary and Elementary Principal. The Secondary Principal will also serve as the Headmaster and report to the Board of Directors.
The Secondary Principal must be in agreement with and demonstrate leadership in carrying out SBCA’s Statement of Faith, Mission, and Commitments. SBCA is unique in that it is multi-denominational and not associated with a single church. Instead, SBCA is a community-based Christian academy that serves our local community by collaborating with churches, community members, and parents to graduate students who are both academically and spiritually prepared to succeed and become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
We will begin interviewing candidates in April 2019 and will hopefully fill the position in May 2019. Candidates who meet the qualifications should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- A master’s degree in education administration or its equivalent
- 5+ years of secondary administrative experience
- Ensure that the curriculum of the school is designed to promote high student achievement and sound personal growth.
- Monitor classroom performance and provide a performance evaluation and professional development system for teachers designed to improve teacher’s strengths in reaching all students.
- Monitors student achievement using both classroom and testing data to assess progress.
- Maintain and develop policies consistent with the mission and goals of the institution and state and local laws. Provide training and publish such policies in the Student Handbook.
- Use fiscal resources efficiently and effectively to provide the materials and people needed to help the school be effective.
- In coordination with the Elementary Principal, ensure the institution is properly staffed and a class schedule is developed and qualified teachers properly assigned.
- Use space effectively to support both the instructional program and the ancillary functions of the school.
- Ensures that the school manages student conduct to facilitate maintaining a safe and orderly school climate conducive to high student performance.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation standards and maintain accreditation status.
- Communicate relevant information to parents consistently and provide opportunities for parent engagement and involvement.
- Champion and support SBCA’s commitments of a Christian school that is Christ-centered, promotes a Christian world view, and that desires each student to further develop their relationship with the Lord.